Yes, that’s right. We’re searching for a young photographer to take beautiful pictures of Beneath The Boughs, in return for membership to Lowther Castle & Gardens.
Beneath The Boughs is an Arts Council funded poetry exhibition, which will take place from July 19th to September 9th 2013, in the beautiful historic grounds of Lowther Castle in Cumbria. This opportunity not only gives the winning photographer free membership to Lowther Castle & Gardens, but also the chance to get their photos seen on the [insert text here] website, and to be a key part of an Arts Council funded project.
The photographer in question must:
- Be aged between 16 and 25
- Be based in Cumbria (if you’re a student elsewhere, that’s fine, as long as you’re back in Cumbria over the summer)
- Have their own means of transport for getting to Lowther Castle
- Be available to help set up and take down the exhibition (and of course to take photos of the process) during the weeks 15th-18th July 2013, and 10th-13th September 2013 (NB: The photographer should only be required for one day during each of these weeks. Unfortunately, confirmation of which two days will not be possible until nearer the time, due to the unpredictability of Cumbrian weather)
- Be available to take a couple of independent trips to Lowther Castle during the course of the exhibition. Entry to the Castle Gardens and exhibition will be covered by your free membership. However, transport must be arranged by the photographer.
If you’re interested, please email us with the subject heading ‘Lowther Photography‘: up to 3 examples of your work (preferably on the themes of art / nature, although this is not compulsory); your name; your date of birth; and a brief bio (under 70 words).
Emails to: firstname.lastname@example.org
DEADLINE: FRIDAY, 31ST MAY, 2013
By entering this opportunity, you are confirming that you fulfil the above criteria. Failure to comply with the listed criteria may result in disqualification.
The rights to the photos taken as part of the project will of course remain with the photographer. However, if chosen, you are giving [insert text here] the right to use those photos on our website and associated media (e.g. facebook and twitter).